Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We’ve gathered some FAQs to help you learn more about Visualising IT.
1. Does this course teach or recommend software packages?
Visualising IT is independent of software packages, but teaches you the key design principles required to get the most out of your software packages.
2. Does this course focus on diagramming notations specifically such as UML (Unified Modelling Language)?
Visualising IT talks about a variety of notations and covers the using UML, we leave the specific notations to the notation specialists who can best add value to the use in those disciples.
3. Is Visualising IT specifically for Information Technology only, or can it be used in Systems Engineering and other technology disciplines?
Visualising IT has its roots in engineering disciplines and applies those principles into design, development and delivery of any technology based systems.
5. Can you do a review our organization’s ability to use more diagrams to delivery programmes and projects?
Yes. This is an excellent way to put your foot in the water. We can offer a Capability Assessment and Review for your organization. Read more here.
6. Our Technology people have difficulty presenting technology, they’re always talking about stuff, we frankly don’t understand. Can you help?
Yes. All the training has strong core components on outputs of communication and presentation. Check out the Visualising IT 3-day course, or the Corporate Training Course and Visualising IT Capability Assessment.
7. Your public courses are only scheduled for specific locations, can they be held in other locations?
Yes. We can run the public course in any agreed place. If several people from an organization or different organizations or say a group from an association need training, we can discuss options to help you. Contact us for more information.
8. Visualizations and Infographics are popular terms on the web. How does this fit in?
Great point. There is some great work occurring in these areas such as Data Visualizations. Visualising IT talks about some of those disciplines but we go to the core of the fundamental visualisations such as diagrams, drawings, images, presentations, etc as key communication tools to the design, development and deliver technology based systems.
9. How do we start an Assessment and Review of our organization’s ability to use more diagrams and drawings?
Go to the contact us page and fill in the enquiry form. We do ask some basic information to help get a snapshot of your organization when we talk with you. We’re not after corporate secrets, just some basic information.
10. Is there a qualification when you complete any Visualising IT training courses?
When you complete the course you will receive a certificate of completion. If an organization requires alignment with the Australia Qualifications Framework for education, this can be discussed.
Need more information?
To find out more about Visualising IT, send us a message today!